How do I become a member of the PTO?
Congratulations! You are automatically a member of the PTO once your child(ren) are in enrolled at Saint Bridget Catholic School.
How can I get involved?
There are many opportunities to get involved with various levels of time commitment. It can be as little as signing up for one event, joining a planning committee or becoming a Chair for a specific initiative. Please see the list of Chair and Co-Chairs on our About page to learn more about where we need your support. Requests for volunteers will be sent throughout the year to support various causes as well. Please consider signing up. It’s a great way to support the school and make new friends. Ready now? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Meredith Marks, to get started.
Did you know that over 90% of our PTO chairs and co-chairs work outside the home? Volunteering your time with Saint Bridget isn’t a full time job and there are opportunities for everyone to get involved with as much or as little time as your can spare. Our volunteers work as a team to support and help each other, talk to one of us today to learn more.
What are the PTO fundraising goals?
The PTO’s fundraising goals can be found on our fundraising goals page. The PTO mission is to support teachers, staff and the Saint Bridget community of families . You can learn more about our efforts and results by reviewing our annual report.
How Does My Donation Impact The Saint Bridget Community ?
Our primary goal is to bring Saint Bridget families together to strengthen our community and support the school’s academic staff. Your donation directly impacts events and initiatives like
- The Pitch – Every year, the PTO will provide $10,000 in grants ($2,500 per quarter) to teachers and/or staff who pitch us a project for their classroom or the school that they would not normally have funding for.
- Teacher Appreciation Week – May 6-10 is teacher appreciation week at Saint Bridget . This is our opportunity to thank all our teachers and staff for choosing the vocation of education and for choosing to fulﬁll that vocation in a Catholic school. The work they do in Catholic Schools matters. This week is meant to celebrate and show appreciation for the inﬂuence they have on the lives and souls of the children who pass through our classrooms. The PTO wants you to know how much we value and appreciate what you do each and every day. May God Bless you abundantly for your labors in our schools. We will celebrate their commitment through a week long event with different themed appreciation gifts each day of the week
- The Bulldogathon – This incredible fundraiser kicks off on with a pep rally on 9.25 and will end on 10.6 with a Fun Run. Our 8th graders will celebrate their last participating year with a color run!. More information to come but get ready for a fun-filled two weeks of pep-rallies, classroom incentives and hearing “who let the dogs out” over and over again.
- Bulldog Blast – The PTO invites all families to join us on October 6th from 6-9 pm to celebrate our fundraising efforts with our annual Bulldog Blast! Stay tuned for information on tickets to this family night out- complete with food, carnival games and live music.
- Bulldog Ball – Our annual fundraising gala where parents can join together, celebrate, meet new Saint Bridget families while enjoying silent and live auctions to raise money for the school.
- Trunk-or-Treat – the PTO invites you to Trunk or Treat on the blacktop! Elementary students are invited to dress up in their Halloween costumes and “trunk or treat” around the blacktop.
- Candy Cane Lane – The PTO provides small, pre-wrapped gifts for Saint Bridget children to “shop” from, emphasizing the joy of giving over the holiday season
- Christmas Purse – One of Saint Bridget’s most treasured traditions. The PTO leads collections from the Saint Bridget community to ensure everyone who supports the children and families in our school community are remembered over the christmas season. Collections go towards presenting small, but thoughtful gifts of appreciation to the front office staff, administration, resource teachers (athletics, art, music, librarians, language-arts, etc) and our maintenance staff.
- Day Of Service – This is an annual event where Saint Bridget School and Church members come together to celebrate and worship by giving of ourselves to benefit others. We will have many opportunities for individuals and families of all ages to effectively act as the hands and feet of Christ in our community both on the Saint Bridget campus and on-site at local non-profits.
- Ice Cream Social – What better way to kick off the school year than enjoying good company and a delicious treat! The PTO invites all families to reconnect and socialize in the school parking lot.
- Boys Appreciation Night – Calling all Saint Bridget Elementary boys! We’re hosting a dance for you and the special woman in your life – whether that’s a mom, grandma, aunt or otherwise, join us for a summer-themed evening of dancing and games
- Girls Appreciation Night – Our annual event that allows our Saint Bridget girls to enjoy a night out with the special guy in their life – whether that’s a dad, grandfather, uncle or otherwise, join us for a summer-themed evening of dancing and games
- Family Night Out At The Flying Squirrels – enjoy a night out supporting the Richmond Flying Squirrels. This school-wide event allows our Saint Bridget community to come together and enjoy each other’s company while also celebrating America’s favorite pastime.
Who can I contact if I have a question?