Building the bridge between child and young adult.
With an average class size of 20 students, Saint Bridget’s middle school program is built on the philosophy of shaping our adolescents into faith-filled, self-directed citizens. Our students are challenged to explore, create, and make decisions that impact their learning in a nurturing environment tailored to the needs of this unique stage of adolescent development. Middle school instruction at Saint Bridget School continues to build upon a solid foundation of academic skills while enriching student knowledge through rigorous coursework and experiential learning. Technology is integrated throughout the middle school environment. Saint Bridget School has adopted a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy for middle school students. This allows students to digitally interact and collaborate at school and at home in all subject areas. Students have access to a multitude of resources to broaden their perspectives. You can find students working on an interactive white boards, creating objects via a 3-D printer, building their technology literacy through coding, and participating in project-based learning opportunities. Our highly trained middle school staff is committed to working with the adolescent in mind to promote academic and spiritual growth. Our students go on to successfully attend specialty programs at area high schools, including Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School, area Catholic high schools, and private high schools. Students leave Saint Bridget School prepared to meet the challenges of high school and beyond.
- Religion, Weekly Mass
- Language Arts and Literature
- Mathematics, Pre-Algebra, Algebra (HS Credit), Geometry (HS Credit)
- U.S. History, Civics and Economics, World History (HS Credit)
- Science, Life Science, Physical Science, Geo Science (HS Credit)
- Foreign Languages, French I (HS Credit), Spanish I (HS Credit)
- Specialty Courses -Art, Music, Physical Education, Technology, Collage, Academic Resource
- Elective Courses – Enrichment Opportunities Based on Interest
- Exploratory Offerings – Experiential Service and Learning Opportunities in the Community
- Formative Assessments – Scantron Performance Series Assessments in Mathematics and Reading, Semester Exams, Classroom Assessments Based on Content